For all couples; both opposite sex couples and same sex couples. 

Civil partnership

Civil partnership ceremonies must take place in a register office or approved premise, licensed for civil ceremonies. If you would like more information on the differences between a marriage and a civil partnership, please visit gov.uk.

Other ceremonies

There are many happy occasions in life that can be celebrated with one of our registrars, including naming ceremonies and vow renewal.

Giving notice

You must sign a document at your local register office to say you intend to get married or form a civil partnership; this is known as giving notice. You must give notice at least 29 calendar days before your ceremony, this may be longer if you're subject to immigration control. You need to book an appointment to give notice.

Booking a registrar

Once you’ve decided on ‘where’ and ‘what’, you will need to book ‘when’. If you are getting married at the Town Hall, the room and registrars are booked during the same process. If you are marrying in another Waltham Forest venue, you will need to book the registrars to attend your venue.